Hi! Wow. It’s been a while since I was consistent on here. I miss it a lot. I have been pouring all my creativity into my book lately which has been awesome. I did a 4-week writing cohort with Joy Eggerichs Reed recently and that was super challenging as well as rewarding. In the cohort I finished my book proposal to pitch to agents and publishers. The book writing process is way different than I expected in a lot of ways. But, I’m excited to one day have a bound book to gift to friends who are hurting. Not because I think I have all the answers, but because I want to be a friend that cares and is intentional.
Luke started his job in March as an ICU nurse. I can’t lie, it’s been hard. For the first few weeks we both were super anxious. I started having a few panic attacks again for the first time in 3 years. I think it’s a mix of several things. I had been writing/ processing through some of my most challenging days, not sleeping and drinking too much coffee. As well as just everything sort of catching up to me. Luke and I both have anxiety so sometimes seeing the other anxious is hard because we feel for each other. BUT, we’ve been taking care of ourselves and things have been getting lighter, thankfully. It takes a lot of discipline, implementing our tools, and rest to get better.
My youngest sister graduated college and we got to go to her ceremony in Lynchburg a few weeks back. That was fun!
Luke and I went and looked at apartments which was fun. We are wanting to look at a couple more soon too. We’ve been trying to figure out when we want to move, but a lot goes into that with location, money (we live in one of the most expensive places in the states), and timing. But in the meantime, I keep making efforts to make the place we live now cozier. We looked at a studio apartment and a one-bedroom. They both are about 500-680 sqft. The studio doesn’t have a balcony. But the studio in my opinion had better lighting in the living room. However, no window in the “bedroom” which is a 3/4 wall between the kitchen and living space. It was definitely tiny. But hey- we’ve said that we would love to live in a tiny home haha! But it was wild, we asked if there are any other fees and the lady kept listing them…and before you know it you’re living in a 500 sqft box for over $2000 a month. All of them seem to be that way.
We have been going through all of our things and selling a lot just because we feel like we have too much “stuff.” We sold a desk, book shelf and lots of clothes. I feel like we’re finally starting to get some things done that have been on our to do list for so long.
The cicadas are HERE. If you don’t know about cicadas they look like massive flies and they make a loud humming sound. They come every 17 years and it’s like a plague. They are EVERYWHERE. They are not mean bugs which is good. So they don’t bite or sting you. They’re mainly just annoying to people. Growing up I loved them because I viewed them as pets. But now they can freak me out if they land on me.
Anyways- let’s talk about some of my favorites lately!
1. I have been reading “Misreading Scripture with Western Eyes” which has been fascinating. I’ve really enjoyed it. (I linked my amazon storefront which I usually try to put all my favorites there.
I also bought a pretty Little Women as a gift to one of my close friends, but I loved it so much…I bought myself one! HAHA
3. Every night before Luke works I read Psalms out loud. I’ve found this to be extremely encouraging as well as peaceful to read each night!
Favorite Drink/ Tea:
Matcha with vanilla bean paste! YUM I talked with one of my friends from college (shout out to Gloria) who I know loves matcha as much as me. I asked for her suggestion and she suggested this one matcha that I got from amazon. It’s yum! I add a little bloop of vanilla bean paste from trader joes to my matcha lately and it’s so good (suggestion from my friend Abigail).
1. We got a new duvet linen bedding cover for our two year wedding anniversary and it’s AMAZING. We got the linen duvet cover from parachute in the color clay (I think this color is sold out but I love all of them). So breathable and soft. 10/10 recommend. The site is currently having a 20% off sale!
2. Linen sheets – SO BREATHABLE never looking back. I cannot believe it’s taken me 25 years to see the light. Linen bedding is now my forever choice. We do not buy top / flat sheets, just fitted and pillow cases. We bought the color fog.
3. Beeswax Candles & vintage candle stick holders! Some of my friends have thrift/antique shop instagrams and I like to hunt for candle stick holders from them. I prefer shopping from my friends thrift stores over going to thrift stores because I like to support my friends + hate shopping in person. So this is a win win! I buy my beeswax candles in sets of 12 from amazon.
rainy day blend: orange, cardamom, and vanilla
allergy: lavender, lemon, and peppermint
cozy bedroom: valor and lavender
unique: one heart blend with lavender
1. I often get asked how I style my hair when it’s blow dried/curled a bit! I use the revlon one step volumizer hair dryer round brush. Linked it here 🙂
2. Honest Mascara– I have been using this clean mascara with the primer for a bit now and love it. Makes my lashes look long.
There ya go! I hope you liked my may favorites! I would love to know what your current favorites are lately.
Okay also let me just be honest…I keep thinking about REALLY reviving my blog (posting once a week) as well as maybe starting to be consistent on my youtube. But the only thing is…I want it to be ACTUALLY good content and not forced. I am not the curated type so that’s not what I mean, but more so entertaining. I am super thankful for you guys.
Thanks for reading,