Hi! So if you are my friend you know that within the last couple years I have really gotten into hair and makeup. I love experimenting with different products and seeing what the “hype” is all about. Makeup can be SO fun and give us an outlet of creativity for those who are into that type of thing. For all my natural beauty people, I am sorry these are not natural products – at some point I want to share more natural products but that’s for a later time. I have gathered some of my favorite products that are in quite a range of prices, BUT all are ones that I am loving right now. I have added links within this blog. For the first few in each section, they will be the most expensive so if you’re interested check them out or just scroll past to the other options.
1. Anastasia Soft Glam Eye Palette: This is a $42 eye palette and will probably be the most expensive makeup product on here. But I LOVE this palette. The colors are beautiful and show up so well on my skin. I also love how soft it is (not just saying that because of the name of the palette). I have used 11 of the shades so far and I just got it about a week or two ago, SO I would say that it definitely is worth it.
2. Tartelette in Bloom Eye Palette: This is $39 for a smaller eye palette BUT….OKAY this one is I think my all time favorite because it SMELLS LIKE CHOCOLATE. I use this one probably every day and it has such pretty colors. The colors are natural and light pink which are my favorites.
3. Gimme Brow+ Volumizing Eyebrow Gel: This is $24 dollars and seems a little ridiculous for a little product, BUT this is SO easy and fills in your eyebrows with no hassle and has been the best eyebrow makeup that I’ve found. I got the shade 5 which is one away from the darkest and it matches my dark hair well.
4. Tarte Travel Size Mascara Lights, Camera, Lashes: This is $12 for a travel size. I just got a sample size of this and I actually really liked it. It makes your lashes longer without the flakes or clumps that some mascara’s can give (kinda like too faced “better than s*x”…sorry for the language but that’s what it’s called…I liked that mascara but did NOT like the flakes under the eyes after a few hours).
5. Maybelline Total Temptation Mascara: This mascara is $9.49. This is my favorite drugstore mascara. Mascara is something that is a total personal preference. So some people may LOVE this because it gives them longer fuller lashes, but some may feel it is “too natural” so I would say just try it out and see how you feel.
1. Born This Way Foundation: This foundation is $39. This is my favorite. I have used this foundation for a bout a year or two. I really liked how light weight it was and it’s great for dryer skin. This gave a natural finish and is buildable for coverage. I never felt like I was wearing makeup when I wore this and loved it. I just recently bought a different foundation just to test it out to see but will probably go back to this one. I wear Natural Beige. This product also seems to last a while for me.
2. Shape Tape Hydration Foundation: This foundation is $39 but I got it on sale for $19. Okay- so I am only putting this in here because it’s what I am currently using and I wanted to share my thoughts on it. My thoughts are: I don’t love the application thing for some reason… I prefer a pump. There is definitely more coverage than the born this way one. But I also have noticed I broke out some but that could have nothing to do with this. This also does not have a wide range of color options which always bothers me. There should be more shade range. But overall I like it. But don’t love it. Just thought I would share in case you were curious about it. I probably won’t buy it again unless it’s on sale.
3. Shape Tape Concealer: Okay this is $29 for the concealer and a little sponge. I would also check to see if they have any travel size one’s in store. I really like the consistency of this concealer. This is one of the number one “most raved about” concealers and it lived up to the hype for me. It’s light weight but full coverage. I like this, but it’s very pricey and probably not realistic for me to get all the time but for my wedding or special events I would definitely invest in this again. But I wouldn’t use this for every day use.
4. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30: This is $28. It’s more expensive Tinted Moisturizer but I like it for when I am at the beach or for summer days. It’s very moisturizing and good for light coverage. It smells interesting…not bad but more like tropical maybe? I will probably use this on my honeymoon. It evens out your skin tone while still protecting it with SPF.
5. Hoola Bronzer: This is $16 and lasts a long time. This is just a natural pretty bronzer and I would recommend it to a friend. It lives up to its “beauty blogger” or “beauty youtuber” hype.
6. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer: WOW- what a long NAME. HAHA This is $9.99 and what I LOVE to use every day. It’s comparable to more expensive concealers in my opinion. It’s easy to apply and light weight. It’s also buildable. I love this product. 10/10 would recommend.
7. Maybelline Face Studio Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter: This is $9.99. Don’t let the word “metallic” scare you. I love this highlighter. I got this in a beauty box once and have been using it ever since. It has lasted me such a long time and I happily apply it so it’s worth the $9.99. This is so pretty on the cheek bones, bridge of nose, above the lip and corner of eyes. I use the molten gold color. This is by far one of my favorite drug store products ever.
1. Sweet Peach Creamy Lip Oil: This is $19. Gloss is back. Worth the $19? I’m not sure. But definitely fun and smells good. Had to put it in here because I like it. But it was a gift to me. I probably wouldn’t purchase this with my own money, but would accept it as a gift. Ya know?
2. Smith’s Rosebud Salve: This is $7. Absolute must have in my opinion. I almost always have this in my purse and it smells like rose. It’s in a tin and lasts FOREVER. I’ve been using this for 3 years now I think and have only bought 2 and I’m not even half way finished with the second one.
Face Products/ Moisturizers
1. First Aid Beauty Natural Repair Cream: $32 Lotion seems a little expensive to me but I got this on sale and it was inside of a box with other products. BUT I like how moisturizing this is. It has an interesting scent, that I’m not crazy about. But it is good for winter months. When I’m not using this I am using an antioxidant face moisturizer from Trader Jo’s.
2. First Aid Beauty Vitamin Hydrating Mist: This is $16. It’s a small spray bottle but lasts a long time. I use this whenever I break out or am sick. It’s super refreshing and I just love it. I honestly would “swear” by this product. It can also be used as a setting spray so I like that it can be used for multiple things. There are different vitamins in it that are good for the skin. 10/10 would recommend. It’s hydrating and it cools your skin.
Alright so that is all I have for ya today! But I hope you like this and that it gives you some ideas for what to try out. I also would love to give you more options soon. Also feel free to ask me questions about each product if you have any! I will tell you my honest review of each product and whether it’s worth the price. Love you guys and thankful for you all!
Thanks for reading,
*There are affiliated links within this blog. That does not affect the price.